I have been breathing for 18 years and ask the question: Why is deep breathing good for you?
Deep breathing and natural breathing between the worlds. While normal breathing occurs independently and most of the time unconsciously, deep breathing should be forced to occur. How can you relax to relieve stress by imposing your breath? In my seminars on breathing movements and strategies covering the philosophical and psychological aspects of breathing, deep breathing is not forced but is gently activated in a controlled manner. 
Gently stimulating breathing is a crucial and effective element that you will try in the following breathing exercises. But before we start, let’s start with some facts and figures about breathing, to better visualize the structure of exercise and communicate more easily with deep breathing.
Normal adult breathing (tidal volume) is about 1 liter of air and this represents only about 10% of the total lung capacity (TLC), which ranges from 5 to 6 liters of air.  This means that there are approximately ten times the volume in the lungs that can be activated through deep breathing.
The fact that we have ten times the air capacity in our lungs leads us to the idea and purpose of deep breathing. We apply deep breathing technology because we want to reach the vital capacity of the lungs. Vital Capacity (VC) is the total expiry reserve size (ERC) + tidal volume (TV) + inspiration reserve size (IRV) as shown in the image below:
Activating the vital ability through deep breathing increases the supply of oxygen and creates more energy in the body. This is the beginning of improving our overall health.
This is why deep breathing is beneficial for you: it provides oxygen through total lung capacity (TLC), therefore, it strengthens the cardiovascular system and the nervous system among other body systems  but under one condition: do your progress may be slow and deep , As he breathes slowly. The effect is physical and mental health.
Next, let’s learn about the three deep breathing exercises that can help you feel better:
1. Relax effortlessly through exhale
You can do your first deep breathing exercises wherever you sit down comfortably. Even if you feel distressed, all right, you’ll settle down during your workout. The time of tidal volume (TV) of a pint of air will be about 1.5 to 2 seconds for inhalation and the same for exhalation.
We will now extend the exhalation to 6 seconds, using the tidal volume + exhalation reserve volume:
- Make sure your spine is straight and your chest is open so you can breathe freely. Place your palm on your thighs.
- Feel any energy or tension that flows through your body.
- Exhale effortlessly count to 6 focusing on the airflow that comes out of your chest.
- Inhale count to 4 effort.
- Gently activate your breathing by extending the exhalation (without imposing breathing) by counting to 6. This time your inhalation will be a little deeper and faster, which is good.
- Inhale without calculation to 4 (it does not matter if the air flow is a little faster)
- Exhale count effortlessly to 6 and feel all the tension coming out of your body. While exhaling effortlessly, you feel relaxing flowing out of your chest through your hands spread throughout the body.
- Inhale count to 4 effort.
- Exhale and feel relaxation that extends throughout the head and whole body.
Quick results by exhale attention
Did you know that stress adversely affects the performance of attention? 
Paying close attention to deep exhalation is a recipe for relaxation. When you do this exercise, there are no stressors that can provoke or exacerbate the nervous system, because your focus is on your exhalation. With this breathing exercise, the respiratory rate was reduced from approximately 20 breaths per minute to 6 breaths per minute.
In this way, they inhale the air from the bottom of the lungs, which is usually not recycled. A significant reduction in breathing calm the nervous system and offers the following benefits:
- Reduce energy loss.
- Reduces stress in the body by reducing the stress hormone cortisol
- Reduce heart rate
- Reduction of Blood pressure
- Increases blood oxygen level.
- Cleans the blood of carbon dioxide and other harmful gases.
Do this deep breathing exercise at least three times for five minutes! I will give some advice on optimal training for the three deep breathing exercises at the end of the article.
2. Energy by inhalation
Let’s move on to the next deep breathing exercise. In this important exercise, we will focus on a very valuable moment: the accumulation of energy through inhalation. Energy is a crucial physiological value for the development of anything. This exercise should be done on an empty stomach. Get ready, stand up and:
- Make sure your spine is straight and your chest is open so you can breathe freely.
- Exhale feeling effortlessly relaxing in the body.
- Inhale easily until your stomach expands (count to 4) and continues smoothly.
- Gently activate the inhalation number (4-8) until your chest slowly opens. This inhalation should represent approximately 60-70% of its total inspiring energy.
- Exhale focusing effortlessly on the energy accumulated through inhalation.
- Repeat step 4, gently inhale up to 80-90% of your total inspiration capacity up to 10 by opening the chest more this time.
- Exhale to leave all your energy flow in your fists.
- Inhale 100% of your total inspiration capacity gently by calculating up to 12 (or more if your ability allows) to open the tank to the maximum. Feel the energy, the strength that has accumulated in your body. Feel your vitality.
Once you reach step 8, repeat this deep breathing movement (on an empty stomach) on its own (and slowly, to avoid hyperventilation) five minutes at first. Make your own rhythm (speed and depth) to breathe. Your energy and vitality will be greatly improved.
You feel lively while breathing
There are two types of deep breathing: slow and fast. First, slow down because it can’t hurt you, it’s safe, comfortable and peaceful. It’s contemplative in nature: subtle, deep and insightful. Rapid breathing is aerobic in nature: energized, energized and energetic.
This does not mean that you cannot experience rapid breathing properties when you breathe slowly or vice versa. When you go through deep breathing exercises, you can experience all physical and mental energies.
Some of them (such as creativity or patience, for example) will not appear as strongly as others, but by practicing this breathing constantly, you will feel that its intensity is increasing. The two main benefits of deep breathing are:
- Calm = joy
- Energy = Vitality
All other benefits come from these two. To be insightful and intuitive, you must be patient and attentive. Patience and respect will evolve through peace. To be strong and versatile, it must be strong and flexible. Strength and flexibility evolve through vitality.
Another great benefit of this deep breathing exercise is that it is a valuable tool for dealing with depression and overcoming anxiety if you experience moments of mental depression. These tools, which I write extensively in my book on the power of breathing, provide a systematic mental approach with effective results.
3. Relax through exhalation + energy through inhalation
The third deep breathing exercise is about your breathing experience, your experience and becoming an expert.
Combine the first and second breathing exercises and rhythm that combines relaxation and vitality. This time, don’t count, just connect 100% with your breath flow:
- Exhale effortlessly, gently activate the exhalation reserve volume (ERV) and expel all air from your lungs. Go too slowly without any pressure, so relax. This movement immediately becomes calm.
- Inhale effortlessly, and gently activate its inspiring reserve volume (IRV) by gradually filling the air from 60 to 70% to 100% with air. Breathing very slowly, the light pressure will automatically build up as your lungs fill with air, but this pressure is pure energy.
A balanced combination of this deep breathing is how to reduce stress, relax and revitalize your body and mind. By advancing in this breathing technique, you begin to develop all the mental skills you want to achieve. at the same time:
- If you feel very nervous and want to relieve your stress, just apply a deep exhalation exercise to calm yourself down and relax.
- If you feel depressed and helpless, apply the second inhalation exercise to regain your energy and activate your entire body.
- If you feel healthy, apply a third deep breathing exercise that will have the effect of exercise one and two as it prepares you to work and develop your physiological and mental qualities.